Serta Office Chair Review – Sitting in an office chair is pretty much inevitable for most of us that spend the vast majority of our times sitting and working in front of the computer. Most office seats have put to good use, with a few spending hours of overtime frequently as well as more time sitting at a chair compared to sleeping in a bed during the night. If you are anything like me, you do not take time to consider exactly how much use you escape your office chair, particularly if you are sitting 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Those innumerable hours of use can accumulate and eventually wear off your chair. For many, this will happen sooner than anticipated particularly if your chair is not correctly cared for. Cleaning and maintaining your workplace are crucial components to prolonging the life of your chair but it requires more than just a wipe down with a rag to keep your chair looking new. If you want to extend your office chair’s own life, save your money and the hassle of having to continuously purchase new seats there are certain necessary steps to take for more from your chair.
- Buy a Chair That is Built to Last – The simplest way to make certain that a chair will be made to withstand years of use is to buy a chair that is made to last. This is simple, if you are searching for a bargain chair in your nearest Staples or Office Depot, then perhaps you will get a great price but then you will also be receiving a chair that is constructed from deal components. In other words, it won’t continue as long as you might expect and you will probably need to buy another new chair a couple of years down the line. It really makes more sense in the long term to invest more on a chair which will last ten decades then to need to continuously purchase new seats each year, and is less of a hassle.
- Look in the Manufacturer Warranty – Nearly every office chair has a manufacturer warranty, and if they do not it is most likely not worth your investment. It is crucial to read each producer’s warranty to find out whether the chair of interest will be a rewarding purchase. Find out what parts are justified and for how long each part of the chair is justified for. You can tell a lot by a manufacturer’s warranty; when their parts are warranted for ten decades or have a lifetime warranty, this shows they are that confident in their product and construction of their chair that they are eager to take the danger of extending the warranty for multiple decades. Recall when a component breaks on your office chair, which comes from the producer’s funds to need to replace it which is why some warranties are very restricted. It is important to remember that all producer’s will warrant their chair cloths for less time than their components, which can be standard with everyone since this is the initial portion of all seats to fade with time because of how frequently it gets rubbed/used. If you want to make certain that the cloth on your chair won’t fade over time, then try searching for a chair which has a greater grade cloth as an option or decide on a vinyl/leather chair which tolerate a little more use and abuse than cloth seats.
- A good upholstery cleaner can do the trick and keep your chair looking new for several years. It is also possible to make your own cloth cleaner using warm water and a bit of detergent. Be careful to clean gently so as to avoid destroying or damaging the cloth. If you are accident prone, there’s also the choice to elect for a plastic or plastic office chair which would be much easier to clean.
- Inspect the Chair Every 6 Months – Just like any other piece of machinery which gets used frequently, screws and bolts may get loose as time progresses. In order to prevent mishaps, such as a chair collapsing or a component giving out, you need to inspect your chair at least one time every 6 weeks to be sure all components and parts of this chair are tightened. If one of these parts are broken, then contact your furniture dealer to find out whether these parts are under warranty. As aforementioned, if your chair has a good warranty, you need to be able to have these replacement components delivered to you for free.
- Do Not Reduce Too Far Forward or Too Much Back – Be cautious not to lean too far back in your chair so that the legs or wheels lift up from the ground. Leaning too far back can cause the chair to give from underneath you and lead to structural damage, or loosen crucial components which can cause the chair to break or fall apart. Also, but you can harm yourself as well! The chair can tip over top to your chair getting damaged or even worse you getting hurt by falling onto your desk.
- Determine the Weight Rating – Standard office chairs are made to hold around 250 lbs. If your weight requires a specialty chair, it’s ideal to cover the additional cash to get one otherwise your chair won’t be under warranty and will exponentially increase the chances of it breaking much faster. Big and tall office seats are constructed with heavy-duty components, sometimes this even contains and all indestructible steel frame, and are made specifically for tough environments. Every good office chair website will have a place on their product pages which clarifies the most capacity for each chair and if you cannot discover that info do not be scared to ask.